Meditation is our naturally occurring rest state, where our body heals, re-energises, rests, releases tension, integrates, and assimilates information. Using tools that are simple and repetitive, we teach an instinctive approach to meditation, promoting a state of conscious awareness within our selves and our world around us. We teach that forming this into a habit of daily practice will allow you to to be more considered, conscientious and relaxed in your every day lives.
Meditation also allows us to gain a greater perspective, to sharpen the mind and to deeply relax the body. This essential practice helps to balance both the mind and the body, allowing us to deal with the stress and speed of life.
Every Selph Yoga class has a meditation practice, so you can discover the natural wonders and delight that surround us as gateways into an effortless place of meditation.
Benefits For Body & Mind
Meditation has many benefits physically, emotionally and mentally, and is a primary tool for within the four pillars of health.
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases tension- related pain such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production, improving mood and behaviour
- Improves immune system function
- Increase energy levels, as you gain an inner source of energy (prana)
- Decreases anxiety
- Improves emotional stability
- Increases creativity
- Increases happiness
- Develops intuition
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Allows for greater perspective (problems become smaller)
- Mind sharpens by gaining focus and expanding through relaxation
We have an ease into meditation workshop in February for 4 weeks. More information about the workshop can be found here.
Curious about a one on one meditation session? Get in touch and we can discuss our packages.
Throughout the year we will continue to hold workshops, so make sure you have signed up to our newsletter to stay up to date.