Join Nanci for this practical and informative Pilates workshop.
Coming in to a Pilates class for the first few times can be an exciting challenge. How we feel things in the body is different from person to person and it can be hard to know if you are doing it ‘right’ the first few times. This workshop will give you the opportunity to learn the how, what, and why of fundamental Pilates exercises. Pilates, when done correctly, is a great modality for getting to know your body and to complement your daily lifestyle.
Learn to work with your unique body and it’s needs in this 2hr workshop.
What You’ll Learn:
- Activation, engagement and breath
- Fundamental pilates exercises
- Alignment of the spine in various positions (supine, prone, side lying, standing, kneeling)
- How to work through controlled movements with modifications and deeper variations
- Using props in the most effective way to reduce unneccessary strain in body
Recommended for those who are newer to pilates, as well as long time practitioners wanting to refine their technique and get the most out of every group session.
If you are a Selph member, please contact us for your discount code.